CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, December 28, 2008

A Joyful Holiday

We had a lovely Christmas this year. Christmas Eve day was a bit crazy and I was exhausted by the day's end (to say the least). However, Christmas Day was wonderful. It was very relaxing. We cooked a big ham dinner on Christmas Eve, so other than our homemade breakfast, it was just snacking & leftovers the rest of the day. The boys were thrilled with their day and proclaimed it to be "The Best Christmas Ever".

Here's some pictures of the boys and I rolling in the dough on Christmas Eve (a rare sight indeed)!














Here's a picture of the boys exploring what Saint Nick left for them. Ryan found two suckers in his stocking and promptly popped them both in his mouth (this prevents the other brother's from stealing them). His older brother's should have learned from his wisdom, as Ryan later stole their suckers too. All I could say when Jake and Dylan tried to complain is S-U-C-K-E-R-S.
























Here are some pictures detailing what each of the boys were blessed to receive this year.

















Notice the beautiful knit blanket behind Jake. Grandma Anderson made that for him. She made one for each of her children, and is now working her way throught the Grandchildren. While I love the one she made for me when I was a teenager. I didn't have as good of a sense of color and it does not match my house as well as Jake's new blanket does. Jake knows I have my eye on his new blanket, and is quick to remind me that it is "HIS", but is letting me store it for him laying gently on the edge of my couch (and looking fabulous I might add!)

My boys are notorious for their ability to make messes. I wrote this little jingle in honor of being the mother of 3 little boys, which at times is my greatest struggle and at times my greatest joy! It's set to the tune of the 12 Days of Christmas. I'll spare you all the verses and just cut to the last verse!

On the 12th Day of Christmas
My 3 Boys gave to me....

  • 12 Messy Rooms
  • 11 Lego Explosions
  • 10 Grass Stains
  • 9 Broken Plates
  • 8 Snacks-A-Spillin'
  • 7 Puddles-A-Splashin'
  • 6 Muddy Footprints
  • 5 Golden Marker Stains
  • 4 Wrestling Matches
  • 3 Banana Peels
  • 2 Spilled Cups of Juice
  • And a HUG to make it all WORTHWHILE!

Here's hoping you & yours had a joyful holiday as well!!

3 comments:

Gatlin Gang said...

The sucker thing is awesome. Kids are great. They look like they had a great day.

John and Jenny said...

I am so glad that you had a fantastic Christmas! It is so fun to see you document your life. You do an excellent job! Have a wonderful New Year!

Tami said...

I love your song! What a great sense of humor you have! Merry Christmas!

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation