We finally got rid of the wallpaper in the master bathroom which I have hated since the first day we moved in 10 1/2 years ago! It was a lot of work to peel all the wallpaper, texture the walls, paint and glaze the walls. But it was well worth it in the end! The walls ended up having kind of a leather appearance, which is fun because I can put any color of towels in. I learned a few lessons along the way:#1: When Jenny in Australia tells you that she would never do another project like that again, remember that she is on the other side of the world and do it anyway ;)
#2: When your husband tells you that if you want to do that project that he is not helping...believe him.
#3: The Tom Sawyer method is alive and well. If you make something appear fun enough....others will join in (see proof above).
#4: Only paint when wearing a painting shirt, unless you want more painting shirts, of course!
#5: It feels good to work hard and create something new.



5 comments:
It looks amazing! I just remembered my secret to removing wall paper after I moved here and did it again. It is definitely worth the work, be it ever so hard. Way to go! It does look fantastic!
Mel it looks fantastic. Well done! I must say you did a great job. I do not envy the hard work that you put yourself through, but if you are happy then I am happy. Good on ya Mate!
Good job, Melanie! It looks wonderful! I can also appreciate what you must have gone through to get that wallpaper off, having experienced it myself a couple of times. I really love the color and texture. I DO see your husband's arm in there, so he must have helped some ;-)
Great improvement. You rock!
If you tell your husband that the bathroom is officially yours (since he didn't help) You could have a bathroom all your own.
Post a Comment