.....that's how long we lasted before one of our boys had an injury that required stitches. Ryan fell last night and hit the corner of the kitchen cabinets. He split his head open. We stopped the bleeding pretty quickly, but the small cut was just gaping open and I was pretty sure he needed stitches.
Two hours later we emerged from the urgent care center with a very brave little boy with 3 stitches in his head. He did so good while the doctor worked on him. The doctor was very impressed as Ryan laid there and didn't move an inch as he told us they have to sedate many children to do that procedure. Here's a picture of our brave little soldier.
Two hours later we emerged from the urgent care center with a very brave little boy with 3 stitches in his head. He did so good while the doctor worked on him. The doctor was very impressed as Ryan laid there and didn't move an inch as he told us they have to sedate many children to do that procedure. Here's a picture of our brave little soldier.
Here's hoping it's another 9 years before we have to do that again ;)



5 comments:
You seriously have not had any stitches for your boys until now!?!?! Holy crap, you are soooo lucky.
Poor Ryan. Glad to see that he is doing so well now. Yeah, Austin had his first stitches when he was less than 2, and I can't count the others he has had.
What a trooper! Hopefully you won't have many more of those, But I'm preparing myself for a few runs to the ER. Boys
Oh poor baby! I hope it doesn't scar. When I had my gallbladder out the Dr. recommended using Vitamin E oil to help prevent scarring. It's great Ryan did so well! We actually made it 13 years without stitches...and no broken bones (yet) *knock on wood*!!
Yikes! Somehow it doesn't seem too bad on a boy : ). So far we've made it 14 1/2 years without stitches... I have a feeling Mason will be my first.
Post a Comment