So I've been telling my boys since they were little, that they could be WHATEVER they want to be when they grow up. So Jake (8 yrs. old) and I were having a conversation a few days ago about what he wants to be when he grows up. He is certain that he will be a "Professional Football Player". Not wanting to dissuade him from his dreams. I tried to gently inform him that NFL players typically play in college, to play in college you have to be actively enrolled (so you have to be majoring in something). Not to mention, NFL players can't play forever, so he would need some sort of meaningful training to help him meet his life's dreams.
Jake asks, "what type of people make a lot of money?" I start going through the standard laundry list CEO's, Doctors, Dentists, Lawyers, etc. He's turning his nose up at each suggestion. So then we go through some additional standard career options such as Engineer's, Business Management, Architect, Real Estate, etc. Still no bites.

Then I pull out the "Ace in the Hole" since Jake has been taking piano lessons for nearly two years and is doing very well and appears to have some natural talent. I say "Jake, you could be a Professional Pianist!!" His response shocked me, he plugged his nose, waved his hand in front of his nose and said "Eeeewwww". So I say, "Jake, do you even know what a Professional Pianist is?" He replies, "Of course I do, it's someone who pees a lot!"
Jake asks, "what type of people make a lot of money?" I start going through the standard laundry list CEO's, Doctors, Dentists, Lawyers, etc. He's turning his nose up at each suggestion. So then we go through some additional standard career options such as Engineer's, Business Management, Architect, Real Estate, etc. Still no bites.
Then I pull out the "Ace in the Hole" since Jake has been taking piano lessons for nearly two years and is doing very well and appears to have some natural talent. I say "Jake, you could be a Professional Pianist!!" His response shocked me, he plugged his nose, waved his hand in front of his nose and said "Eeeewwww". So I say, "Jake, do you even know what a Professional Pianist is?" He replies, "Of course I do, it's someone who pees a lot!"



1 comments:
LOL!!! He is so funny!
Post a Comment