CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 22, 2008

Cleared for takeoff...

I wear a lot of hats in my every day life, but today I wore the hat of "Captain Melanie". After lunch I took the opportunity to fly for about 45 minutes in a private aircraft. Here's some pictures from the cockpit. Okay, okay so it wasn't a real plane, but it was a real cockpit in the form of a flight simulator. I met some friends (former co-workers) for lunch and to fly the simulator at Simuflight. We did several take-offs and landings. I'm quite wobbly on my landings, and gained new-found respect for pilots!! As an added bonus, I was taking off and landing at the Zurich airport (sorry Chris & Corina that I wasn't able to drop in and see our cute nephew Jamon!). This reminded me of the days many many moons ago when I worked as a software engineer for Hughes Training and Raytheon on the B2 bomber and F16. Good times!

2 comments:

Gatlin Gang said...

Was this for fun? You definitely had a busy day!

Tami said...

Good for you! What a great experience! I miss ya!

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation