For our out-of-state family and friends....we wanted to update you about the damage we sustained from Hurricane Ike yesterday. Here's a picture detailing the damage we experienced here at our home:
There is no need to adjust your computer screen. What you are seeing is correct, no damage! The hurricane passed to our east and we only received minimal rain (possibly an inch) and some windy conditions all day. Needless to say, the boys soccer games were cancelled and we enjoyed a relaxing day at home. It turned out to be a very musical day. After breakfast Dylan and I were sitting at the table and he started banging on different surfaces with his fork. I joined in and we explored various sounds that we could make. After being joined by two other very curious boys I showed them that you could sit out several glasses which are the same size and fill them with varying amounts of water. Then you can get very different sounds just based on the amount of water each glass contains. This brought back fond memories of when I was a child and my father built a musical instrument from various sizes of lead pipes which he suspended with string from a piece of wood. It's always fun to relive a good memory isn't it??



3 comments:
Thanks for the post. I have been thinking about you. I am glad it passed you by.
So Glad to hear no damage at your house! That's the nice thing about Utah, No Hurricanes or tornados!
Melanie,
What a great mom you are! How fun to play with your kids at the table and make such wonderful music! What a fun time!
Miss you!
Tami :-)
Post a Comment