Dont' adjust your screen, this picture requires your imagination. You're familiar with the old adage "a picture is worth a thousand words", well this one may require a thousand words to describe it (a.k.a. we didn't capture it on camera!).Picture this, Melanie goes out for the evening, leaving John on babysitting duty. This was the same night that the Maverick's were playing in a playoff game, so of course, John was in the bedroom intently enjoying the basketball game.
The boys were entertaining themselves in the living room. From what I could gather (various bystander reports), John called to the boys asking them to go to bed. Later he goes to check on them and much to his dismay Ryan is not in his bed. He starts to search for him. He looks in all the basic places with no success. Then he starts to search more in-depth, such as under beds, behind couches etc. He is really starting to panic now as it's been about fifteen minutes of searching.
He goes and wakes up Jake and says "Where's Ryan?" Jake in his sleepy stupor didn't know. So he launches another full-house search. There in the middle of the living room floor (somewhere he had walked past at least a dozen times during the search) was a square laundry basket with a 3-year old boy inside, peacefully curled up like a snake, fast asleep.
I've posted several picture in the past of Ryan sleeping in funny places. However, had we have captured this one it may have been the best one yet!



4 comments:
Oh you are funny! It was nice to talk with you yesterday.
That is great! That proves my point around here about guys never knowing where anything is, even if it is in plain sight. :-)
That is crazy. I can see me doing that. I'm glad he was ok
I am dying laughing picturing your husband searching the house thinking my wife is going to kill me, I have lost a kid, only to find him asleep under the laundry basket. Sigh of relief John, all is well.
Post a Comment