CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Resolutions for a New Year

We will open the book.
Its pages are blank.
We are going to put words on them ourselves.
The book is called Opportunity
and its first chapter is New Year's Day.
-Edith Lovejoy Pierce

I love the start of a new year, and we are doubly blessed this year to also be at the start of a new decade. I have high hopes for this decade! I'm going to start by improving the following things in my life:

  1. Exercise 3-4 days per week
  2. Study God's word daily
  3. Complete 8 classes this year (one class every 6 weeks)
  4. Serve dinner at 6:00 or 6:30 each night

I have so many other things I want to improve too, but I know if I can at least manage these four then things will run much more smoothly in my life. I'm hoping that by posting my New Year's Resolutions that then I will be accountable to someone for fulfilling them. This is where y'all become an integral part in helping me achieve my goals.

  • Feel free to ask me if I've exercised yet that day when you see me.
  • As for studying the word of God, hopefully this one will reflect in my actions :)
  • Go ahead and request a copy of my transcript to see if I'm completing my classes on time.
  • Don't forget to stop by for dinner (unannounced) at 6:00.

I need your help to stay on the ball J In the words of Oprah Winfrey "Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right". Best wishes to you all!

2 comments:

Tami said...

Those are great goals. I am sure you will be fantastic. You are amazing, so of course you will do great!

Ashley said...

sounds like you have a great plan. I love the poem. I miss seeing you! life geats busy

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation