We have had the snowiest winter since I moved to Texas in 1996. We were two inches short of having the snowiest winter on record, but we did post a new 24 hours snowfall record of 12.5 inches!This record snowfall hit Texas on February 11, 2010 and took us all by surprise. They were predicting a couple of inches with the snow predicted to start on Thursday afternoon. However, we woke up Thursday morning to find 3-4 inches already on the ground. It snowed the entire day and didn't end until after midnight. The foot of snow shut down the schools for 2 days. It was a very wet & heavy snow.
We also had the pleasure of having our power knocked out by the storm. It went out at 11:30pm on Thursday night, and thankfully was restored just before noon on Friday.








3 comments:
I love snow days in Texas. They are so few and far between and they are so much fun! I can't believe how much snow you guys got! I love the snow fort! It is awesome!
That was so fun! My kids loved it too. You took some great pictures. I hope we get a good snow every winter
And I thought our snow was crazy! Are you sure you live in Texas?
Post a Comment